Like most everyone, I fell in love with the image quality that DSLR large sensors and photography lenses offer to VIDEO. This technology is truly a breakthrough for an economical and beautiful FILM LOOK … even for us mere mortals.
Putting together my rig has been fun … but not always easy. After lots research and “Polish Ingenuity” I am pleased with a rig that nicely fits my shooting style for storytelling projects.
Here’s what I came up with:
- Canon 60D with swivel out LCD viewfinder
- Lenses: Canon EF-S 17-55mm Canon EF 70-200mm, & Tokina 11-16mm
- Jag35 Monitor X attached to viewfinder via Ikan 10″ Articulating Arm
- Re-purposed Sony camera plates
- Zoom H4N Audio device
- Attached Lowel Stud on Vinten Vision 10 tripod for Zoom H4N
- Attached Lowel Stud on Manfrotto 516HDV monopod for Zoom H4N
- Lowel adapter assortment attaching ZoomH4N to tripod & monopod stud
Of course a picture is worth 1000 words … so be sure to check out my “Canon DSLR Rig” photo album. See you at a location nearest you!